Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Two New Books



Still feeling like I'm all over the map as the week winds up. This pattern repeats at the end of every semester. I see a clear field of writing time in the distance and I want to leap with deer-like agility into it. Yet, every semester I forget that there will be days of gangly legs and stumbling about. There are always loose ends that need tying up both at school and around the house (which is fairly well frayed by the end of the busy teaching weeks). So, today through Sunday there will be many small tasks to be crossed off the to-do list. Trying to be more realistic about my goals, I hope to start drafting again on Monday.

I also have two new books that arrived last week. Can't wait to dig into these:

Kristin Berkey-Abbott
Whistling Past the Graveyard
Pudding House Press, 2004








Suzanne Frischkorn
Lit Windowpane
Main Street Rag, 2008

2 comments:

Kristin Berkey-Abbott said...

Having a gangly-legged week myself (I may have mangled your metaphor--if so, I apologize in advance!). Thanks for mentioning my book and posting a picture!

Sandy Longhorn said...

K., hope next week is calmer and more sure of foot. I'm looking forward to reading your book today!