Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Long and Short of It

Check out this new journal, Misfit, which will publish poems of 60-plus lines and poems of 7-minus lines. The very short next to the very long. I love it. I'm not sure I have anything that works for their requirements, but I plan on keeping up with what they publish in the spring.

Also, thanks to Leslie Pietrzyk for her recent post at Work-in-Progress about finding a writing buddy to help keep yourself honest about your goals.

I did draft some lines yesterday that may or may not make it into poem form. Feeling a bit like the Tin Man as far as writing poetry is concerned these days. Perhaps better things await today.


Quintilian B. Nasty said...

I've been writing tankas for some time. Maybe I should submit and give it a whirl?

Sandy Longhorn said...