Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Long and Short of It



Check out this new journal, Misfit, which will publish poems of 60-plus lines and poems of 7-minus lines. The very short next to the very long. I love it. I'm not sure I have anything that works for their requirements, but I plan on keeping up with what they publish in the spring.

Also, thanks to Leslie Pietrzyk for her recent post at Work-in-Progress about finding a writing buddy to help keep yourself honest about your goals.

I did draft some lines yesterday that may or may not make it into poem form. Feeling a bit like the Tin Man as far as writing poetry is concerned these days. Perhaps better things await today.

2 comments:

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

I've been writing tankas for some time. Maybe I should submit and give it a whirl?

Sandy Longhorn said...

Definitely!