Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Three Books from 2009



Given all the listing of books from 2009 going on around the blog world, I started thinking, inevitably, about what I would list. I decided to list the first three books that stuck with me, books that easily came to mind when I paused to ask "what did I read this year that I absolutely loved?" There are still several weeks left in the year and several books still on the shelf...but there's always 2010. (Listing is a fickle thing, at best.)

Here's a list of the three:

Illustrating the Machine that Makes the World by Joshua Poteat
If Birds Gather Your Hair for Nesting by Anna Journey
Mistaken for Song by Tara Bray (disclaimer...Tara and I are close friends)

8 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

Oh, great. More books to read! :)

Sandy Longhorn said...

Something to be thankful for, no?

Suzanne said...

Sandy, I bought your book yesterday as part of my xmas present to me. :-)

Sandy Longhorn said...

Wow, Suzanne, what a great surprise! Thank you for the support and I hope the book lives up to any expectations you may have formed!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy! I just saw this! Aw thanks friend! Hey--is that LitWindowPane?? I used to read her blog years back, pre-Lily and when Lily was just a babe. She had a cool post about not being a writer who is a bad mom--and how she had to let go of lots of social obligations to keep the writing and the mom thing up--if I am remembering correctly. Anyway--guess I need to hop over there and see what she's writing about these days. Of course the papers are coming in in droves today, so better do it quickly! Have a happy Friday!

Tara

Sandy Longhorn said...

Tara, I think you have the right connection between Suzanne and LitWindowPane. I have her book on my to buy list. Grading, grading, grading, today, tomorrow, and etc.

Anonymous said...

One more thing Sandy--both of those writers you mentioned, Ponteat and Journey, read here in Richmond this semester, and b/c of my hectic life, I wasn't able to attend either of the readings. Crazy. I'm going to get both of those books.

Tara

Sandy Longhorn said...

Oh, wow. You guys get great readers! Jealous.