Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Catch of theDay



53º with a faint layer of clouds, but a sufficient amount of sun

Well, I did manage to sift through the blog list. I'm getting better at moving on if something isn't grabbing my attention. I know it sounds weird, but being the type of person I am, I tended to try to read everything all the time. Slowly, I'm building my own filter and allowing myself to "mark all as read" and move on to the next blog. I have on my list blogs written by both individuals and by groups/organizations, and so far, I'm more attracted to the individuals. Hmm.

In any case, here's the catch of the day. I found a link to a journal new to me: la fovea. Once I clicked, I realized that this wasn't like any other journal I'd seen before. I don't think I can explain it any better than the editors do:

•Each nerve editor (found on the main page www.lafovea.org) is in charge of a nerve. The nerves are made up of poets who are invited to submit to La Fovea. Click on the editors name to see all the poets and poems in his or her nerve.

•The nerve editor asks a poet to submit two poems. After that poet has had his or her poems published on La Fovea, he or she will ask another poet to submit poems.

•If the last poet on the nerve does not find a poet to submit poems for whatever reason, the nerve is called "dead." It's okay to have a "dead nerve." The important thing is for the nerve editor to notice that a nerve has died and begin a new nerve from their first page of poems.

•If a poet wants to submit to La Fovea but has not been invited, he or she may submit to La Fovea and choose the editor whom the poet believes most matches his or her family of aesthetic style. The editor of the nerve may choose to send these poems to the current nerve editor and ask if he or she wishes to publish the poet's work. If the poet does not wish to publish the work, then the work will be returned to the submitter.

Navigating this journal is a great example of what online publishing has to offer.

2 comments:

Nancy Devine said...

very interesting literary magazine. thanks for posting it.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Nancy, thanks for stopping by. Glad you found the post/journal interesting.