Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Feeling Good

33º ~ bright sun, blue skies, finally no clouds in sight ~ sometimes after a series of gray, rainy, soggy days, you forget about the sun, and then it comes back and you are awed



Today, I'm feeling good (and singing Levon Helm's song "Feelin' Good" in my head as I write this.  True confession: I have a crush on Levon Helm).  I'm feeling good because I seem to have shaken the head cold that threatened to become a sinus infection.  I'm also feeling good because all day yesterday and for a part of this morning, I thought my eyesight was dramatically becoming worse.  Turns out, it was just the fact that both my glasses and my computer screen were filthy.  With the sun and clean lenses/screen, I seem to be seeing just fine.  Whew!

Much love to blogger friend Kathleen Kirk, who posted a beautiful review of the Blood Almanac, on her blog Wait! I Have a Blog?!  If you don't follow Kathleen yet, please check her out.  She works at a used bookstore in Normal, IL and offers all kinds of insight into the world of books.  She's also a fine poet herself.  It was a delight to click on her blog this morning and see a copy of my own book shining out from the screen.

Last, I just have to link to Julianna Baggott's most recent post: Dear Good Ole Boys of the Literary South.  While I encounters some of this psychology in my MFA program, this post is the extreme version of the Good Ole Boy Southern Writer.  I loved it!

6 comments:

Diane Lockward said...

I had the glasses / screen experience with my car window. Kept wondering how I'd make it through so much fog, then grabbed the cloth I keep in the car and wiped the inside windshield. Fog gone! Wouldn't it be nice if we could always so easily clear our vision?

Sandy Longhorn said...

Fog-be-gone...a product idea for the future? Thanks for the visit, Diane!

Kathleen said...

Love the Leaping Lady! Glad you are feeling good. Now I've got that song in my head, too.

Babbitt's Books is actually in Normal. (I lived in Chicago for 20 years but moved back to central Illinois to raise kids near my folks.)

Sandy Longhorn said...

Oh, dear me! I KNEW that! Sorry for the slip!!!!

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Thanks for both great links.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks, Q. ROLL TIDE!!!!!