Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Where I'm Calling From



99 deg ~ come on, just one more little degree and we get trip-digits, full sun, of course

My title is a bit misleading today, as it should be in the past tense and the negative: Where I wasn't calling from, but I love the Carver allusion. I've been busy with family and friends, and I'll give you two photo hints as to the where.


Yep, you guessed it: Iowa and Illinois. My man and I had a great time seeing friends (hey, Sean-Kirsten-Harper!) and family (hey, Longhorn family!).

Poetry has gone by the wayside a bit, first due to health issues and then traveling. Posts may be sparse here until the first week of August as I try to finish up July with friends and an attempt to recover my health to 100%. Never-fear, Dear Faithful Readers, the Kangaroo will rise again next month.

6 comments:

Kristin Berkey-Abbott said...

Enjoy your time away. Fall will be here all too soon with endless student compositions.

May you return rested and refreshed with health restored!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks, Kristin!

Jessie Carty said...

We've had some triple digit days but now just high 90's. Ugh either way!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Jessie, I feel ya! UGH!

* said...

I'm new to your blog, ironically, via Matt Kish's Moby-Dick site. Ironic because I'm more a poet (well, whatever that means) than an artist, although maybe both.

Intrigued by your profile, that you have questions about poetry. I've been to lots of writer's blogs, but never seen a mention of someone questioning poetry. {I question, too.} And glad I found your blog.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Terresa,
Thanks for the comment. I've been away for a bit, but new posts should arrive by the end of this week.
Glad we made the connection.

Sandy