Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

When It Rains



Sometimes putting in the hard work of drafting, drafting, drafting pays off. Two acceptances came my way in two days. Yippee!

Thanks to Tom Holmes and the other editors over at Redactions for taking "Voice Box," which should be out in Issue 12, Fall '09.

Also, thanks to Jon Thompson, the editor of Free Verse, for accepting "Myth Born" for the Fall '09 issue.

One older acceptance to report. Two weeks ago, Rhett Iseman Trull, the editor of Cave Wall, accepted "Glacial Elegy I" for the Summer/Fall '09 issue. This one is also special because the manuscript title comes from this three-poem series, and this is the first individual poem of the three to be accepted for publication. Yay!

Thanks for all of the support!

4 comments:

Monda said...

Congratulations, Sandy! It IS pouring over there. What a lovely way to start the new semester.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks, Monda. It does provide a lift as we head into the new semester. Good luck with yours!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy. I actually assist Rhett once a week with Cave Wall, and had the opportunity to also give her feedback on the poems you submitted. Congrats on your acceptance! You work is wonderful and deserves the accolades. I had the good fortune of helping Rhett after she accepted one of my poems for the next issue. I enjoyed the journal so much she invited me on board to help with the latter issues. Can't wait to finally read your book. Keep up the great work.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Hi, Michael. Thanks for stopping by and for the generous words about my work. I'm looking forward to reading the completed issue.