Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pictures Now, Words Later

38 degrees with fog, a dreary mist all day

Exhaustion wins...here are a FEW of the many photos.  The narrative will arrive later.  I saw several great panels about creating literary community at a community college, so I'm super psyched to bring those ideas back to my peers.  Also, got to catch up with lots and lots of folks within the poetry world.

Charlotte & Adam Prince (Adam, fellow U of A grad)
Jim May & Chelsea Rathburn (Chelsea, fellow U of A grad)
Mary Biddinger, wielding her charge machine
Adam Clay, fellow U of A grad, waving off the paparazzi
Jake Adam York, signing Persons Unknown, which promptly sold out!
The great gateway to the bookfair.
Al Maginnes, fellow U of A grad, although before my time
Marie Gauthier of Tupelo Press

Brian Spears, fellow U of A grad

Allison Joseph models Traci Brimhall

Stacy Kidd & Amy Letter, fellow U of A folks

Luke Johnson signs his book.

5 comments:

Nancy Devine said...

i hope you're having as much fun as your photos suggest.

Karen J. Weyant said...

I'm actually excited to hear about building a literary community at a community college. It would be great if you could write a post about this (in all your free time) when you get back!

Justin Hamm said...

Looks like a spectacular time! Can't wait to read about the adventures.

StephanieV said...

Exhaustion won out for me too, this year, I posted less because I was just too tired. Wonder what that was about. Of course, I was also sharing the netbook with my husband, who was also blogging. Next year I'm gonna suggest we each bring computers.

Still it was a great conference!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Stephanie, I was jealous of all the mated pairs of writers as I was missing my husband dearly. Now, I see the shared computer could be a downside...still I think y'all win!

Hope to see you soon. I'm trying to make some of the readings at UCA and Hendrix this semester, but so far the weather is not encouraging.