Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Subscription Card Ammunition



So, we have two cats now and one of them is only a year old. What does this have to do with poetry? Well, sometimes the cats believe they are more important than my writing time. They like to chase each other across my desk or try to knock pens and magazines to the floor or to just sit at my feet staring at me forlornly causing me to feel guilty for ignoring them.

A giant thank you to friend, James K., who taught me the secret of the subscription card cat toy. It's brilliant. Take all the unused subscription cards that flutter out of magazines all over the house. One card at a time, ball them up and toss them out onto the hardwood floors for the cats to chase. The one-year-old particularly loves this game.

At the moment, I've got my pockets stuffed with ammunition and am developing a rather nice throwing arm.

No comments: