Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

In the Mail Today



I got home from running errands this morning to find a poetry jackpot in my mailbox. First, a copy of The Real Warnings by Rhett Iseman Trull, editor of Cave Wall. Rhett is the winner of the 2008 Anhinga Prize, so we are birds of a feather. The book is fresh off the presses and, as always, the production is awesome. While I've only had a chance to read a few poems, this promises to be a delight! Reach out and support Rhett and Anhinga by buying this book.

Also, I received the four chapbooks I'd ordered from Cinematheque Press last week. The four books are: Little Visceral Carnival by Philip Jenks & Simone Muench, What Sucks Us In Will Surely Swallow Us Whole by Ada Limón, Until the Lantern's Shaky Song by Joshua Marie Wilkinson, and In a World of Ideas, I Feel No Particular Loyalty by Adam Clay.

As some of you know, I went to grad school with Adam Clay and am a huge fan of his work. Ada Limón is a new favorite of mine, and I've loved Simone Muench since I read Lampblack & Ash. I'll be interested in the collaboration with Philip Jenks, someone I haven't read before. I've followed some of Joshua Marie Wilkinson's work online and am looking forward to reading a collection all at once. Cinematheque Press sells the books individually or as a package, and since this was such an awesome grouping, I went for the deal. I also received their "cool square button" and stickers of the book covers.

Looks like I'll be doing a bit of reading today. Woo Hoo!!!

2 comments:

Monda said...

I need to come over and relieve you of all those pesky books and journals.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Hee hee hee! If you get a chance, I think you'd really like Rhett's book.