Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Contributor Spotlight Up at Hayden's Ferry Review and an Update

35º ~ cold rain overnight, iced down the trees and plants, kept the skies gray all day, rumors of 60º on Saturday


Today, I have a contributor spotlight up at Hayden's Ferry Review. In this spotlight, I talk about the sickly speaker series and about the two poems in HFR, "Left a Refugee Here in a Sterile Country" and "I Have Gone Shimmering into Ungentle Sleep." All thanks to Sam Martone and the other folks at HFR for the opportunity.

In the meantime, I have been successful at making poetry time happen each morning this week. I've spent it sometimes reading and sometimes working through a pile of papers having to do with submission opportunities. In fact, I've submitted some poems from The Girlhood Book of Prairie Myths to places looking for previously published poems. My next project is to figure out what poems I have that are ready for submission and send a few out there to see what happens.

Monday, classes begin at PTC, so I must make hay while the sun is shining.

5 comments:

drew said...

Congratulations on your time in the spotlight. :)

On another note, I wasn't aware that any journals accepted previously published poems. Would you like to share your suggestions/resources?

Thanks Sandy.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Drew, thanks! Sorry about the confusion. One of the submissions went to an anthology for Midwestern poets (New American Press). The other is for a start up: Germ Magazine (for high school girls and young women)...online.

drew said...

Thanks Sandy.
Good to know your work is getting out-and-about in the world.

John Vanderslice said...

Congrats on the writing and publishing, Sandy. Looking forward to your big book-coming-out event next month. Work starts in earnest for us too at UCA next week, after Thursday's weather-related closure. Never before begun a semester already behind schedule!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks, John! Good luck catching up!