Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Wandering Kangaroo Returns

78º ~ enjoying a spectacular summer here in AR, with brief periods of high heat & humidity tempered by stretches like this, stretches of pure perfection


As I stated on FB at the end of last month, the summer of poetry writing has fallen apart here at the desk of the kangaroo, and I'm okay with that.  Instead, my creative energies have sent me to the collage table more often than not.  Here are a few recent examples.

11 x 14 (Mat cut off by scanner) with 3D elements

2D postcard

2D postcard

2D postcard

I spent the last week traveling up home for my summer visit with family and my 20th college reunion, which was a whirlwind of flying, driving, dorm living, and emotion wrangling.








Now, the month of July stretches out uninterrupted and C. & I have no plans at all between now and Aug. 12, which is our return date for school.  I've got several major projects for school that need work, but I'm letting the rest unfold as it will.

Happy 4th of July, y'all!

2 comments:

Tawnysha Greene said...

Love the pics! Glad you are back! Get some rest and enjoy the rest of the summer!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks!