Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Gazing Grain Press Reading and Reception ~ September 22, 2013

69º ~ a beautiful fall rain storm tapering off, weak sunlight filtering through, leaves dripping

A two-week illness prevented me from posting these photos earlier, but I do want to thank M. Mack and the other fine folks with Gazing Grain Press and The Fall for the Book Festival for inviting me to read as runner up in the 2013 feminist chapbook competition.  It was a spectacular event, and I was blown away by winner Meg Day and her chapbook, We Can't Read This.

M. Mack

Meg Day and Me

Bobblehead Lincoln
The conference was in Fairfax, VA, which meant flying through DCA. With a US History teacher for a spouse, I'm always on the alert for presidential doo-dads.

3 comments:

John Vanderslice said...

Welcome back, Sandy. I've missed your posts.

Kathleen said...

I'm glad you are finally feeling better, and delighted to see pix from the reading. Oh, now I yearn for a bobblehead Lincoln.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks, Kathleen. Still wish I could find those extra hours in the day! Oh, and the bobblehead Lincoln is a huge hit with C.'s students. :)