Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Book is Born! The Girlhood Book of Prairie Myths has Launched

51º ~ finally, something akin to fall weather has arrived ~ leaves still green, watching for the first hints of color

While I knew The Girlhood Book of Prairie Myths had made it back to Jacar Press from the printer, I didn't know it would land in mailboxes yesterday.  That is, until Facebook page lit up with folks sending word of the surprise arrival.  What a wonderful way to end another grueling week!

PR/Marketing break: To order copies, click here. Then, scroll through the menu to find The Girlhood Book of Prairie Myths.

I'm overjoyed to know this long process has finally reached fruition, and by "long" I don't mean anything having to do with the actual production and publication.  I found out that the book had won the Jacar Press Full Length Book Contest in the last week of August; seven weeks later, the book existed in physical form. Wowza! By long I mean the years and years and years of writing, revising, and sending out, much of which is chronicled in the archives of this blog.

All my thanks, sincerely, to everyone who has been part of the journey, both family and friends.  Your support during the lows and the highs and everywhere in between is priceless.  And now, we celebrate!


Angie Macri provides me a cameo with Buzz!

Marie Gauthier, selfie with TGBoPM

Amy Baldwin couldn't wait to get inside;
that's her front step under the book.

Poet-friend and Blogger-extraordinaire, Kristin Berkey-Abbott beat everyone to the punch and has already blogged about receiving her copy.    

With thanks and thanks and thanks!

12 comments:

Kathleen said...

Congratulations! What a thrill!

Karen J. Weyant said...

Wow! I didn't think your book would be out until 2014! I must have missed something. Will order my copy right away!!!!!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks, K and K! Richard wasn't sure how long the printing would take, so we were being conservative and saying "early 2014." :)

Tawnysha Greene said...

I am SO excited for you! Can't wait to read it!

Traci Brimhall said...

Many, many congrats!

Sandy Longhorn said...

First K and K. Now T and T. Love it. Thanks all!!!

Kristin Berkey-Abbott said...

Thanks for mentioning me! It's an additional treat to go with the greater treat that is your book.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Oh, Kristin, you are more than welcome!

Carol Berg said...

Congrats Sandy!! yay!!!

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks, Carol!

Quintilian B. Nasty said...

Congrats Sandy.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks, Q.!