Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Quick Links as I Rush Out the Door

41º ~ the clouds departed, the sun returned, still a cold, cold breeze ~ a massive flock of robins populates the backyard

As a follow up to yesterday's link, here are two more that talk about the submission process and teach me something new along the way.

links from Science Photo Library

1)  Traci Brimhall talks from the poet's perspective of submitting on Her Circle:  "Hazards of the Passion: What I've Learned About Submissions."  New piece of information: remember to thank the editors when the issue comes out.  I'm pretty good about expressing my gratitude when I get the acceptance, but I don't always remember to say 'thanks' when the issue comes out.

2)  Diane Lockward talks from the editor's perspective on her blog, Blogalicious: "What I Learned as an Editor."  Diane served as the guest editor for the first issue of Adanna, and I am indebted to her for including two of my poems there.  Favorite bit from this blog, one poet submitted 96 poems.  I've made some mistakes in the past, but I have to say, I haven't over-submitted to that extent.

Finally, the AWP Conference Schedule is up and this year they have an interactive tool that allows you to form your personal schedule.  Cool.  Check out F114.  That's me, reading with Robert Wrigley, Nicole Cooley, Tim Seibles, and Daniel Khalastchi, as we represent Andrew McFadyen-Ketchum's wonderful Poem of the Week.  Holy Moly!  I might pass out from admiration of my fellow panelists.  (I'll also be reading with the diode and Barn Owl Review folks on Friday night.  More details to follow.)  Wahoo!!!

I'm off to the grading salt mines.  See y'all on the other side.

2 comments:

Diane Lockward said...

Thanks, Sandy, for sending your readers my way!

Sandy Longhorn said...

You're welcome, Diane, and thanks for providing such great information!!