Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Miscellany

36º ~ gray, gloomy, dense out there ~ hold onto your weather hats, predictions of more 'winter weather' tomorrow to arrive mid-day...what will the schools do with that forecast?  stay tuned

Today, my brain seems unable to latch onto any one poetry related activity and hold.  It's turned into a day of flitting.

I flitted around the blogs.

I flitted around iTunes trying to find some sound that would ground me.

I flitted around Facebook.

I flitted around my spreadsheet recording yesterday's dreary rejection from one of my all-time favorite journals.

I flitted around the AWP schedule, discovering more panels and events to add to my list.

I flitted around my email account and submitted some poems to.... don't want to jinx it.

I flitted around the house in an attempt to tidy up the place a bit (hah!).

Now, I suppose I shall flit off to school and try to focus on classes. 

PS:  I doubt anyone in the world has ever really called me a flit.  This is quite out of character.

6 comments:

Nancy Devine said...

yes, flitting. i do it, and i drive myself crazy when i do. still, i think some flitting, from time to time, is necessary.

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks for the support, Nancy!

Patricia Lockwood said...

We're from the Midwest! We don't flit, we lumber

Sandy Longhorn said...

Exactly, Tricia!

Tawnysha Greene said...

Love the flitting :) I think it's necessary, sometimes. It gives us, writers, a chance to hover and observe before we sit down and write...

Sandy Longhorn said...

Thanks, Tawnysha, I hope that's true!