Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Whoooooeeeee!



Excellent news for poet-friend Allison Joseph. Her sixth full-length book of poems My Father's Kites will be published by Steel Toe Books! Congratulations, Allison! Check out the link for a sample poem that will knock your socks off.

Also in the new book news, I just received my copy of Andrea Hollander Budy's anthology: When She Named Fire: An Anthology of Contemporary Poetry by American Women. I am simply awed by the list of contributors and can hardly wait for Saturday when I can dive in with my whole mind's attention. On first glance, one thing I like about the format is that each author's bio (and a photo) is included with the poems...saves me from flipping to the back. A minor thing, I know. Watch for a posting on my reading response.

No comments: